© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2012-2014
REVERSE CURRENT PROTECTION
CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-13R1 Series, developed by using the CMOS technology, is a positive voltage regulator IC of 150 mA output current,
which has low dropout voltage, high-accuracy output voltage and low current consumption.
Even with low current consumption of 5 μA typ., it has high ripple-rejection of 70 dB typ., and a ceramic capacitor of 1.0 μF or
more can be used as the input and output capacitors.
The S-13R1 Series includes an overcurrent protection circuit that prevents the load current from exceeding the current
capacity of the output transistor and a thermal shutdown circuit that prevents damage because of overheating.
Due to the built-in reverse current protection function, the reverse current flowing from the VOUT pin to the VIN pin can be
controlled as the small value 0.09 μA max. Therefore, IC protection diode is not needed.
• Output voltage:
1.2 V to 4.0 V, selectable in 0.05 V step
• Input voltage:
2.0 V to 5.5 V
• Output voltage accuracy:
±1.0% (1.2 V to 1.45 V output product: ±15 mV)
• Dropout voltage:
150 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, IOUT = 100 mA)
• Current consumption:
During operation: 5 μA typ., 9 μA max.
• Output current:
During power-off: 0.1 μA typ., 1.0 μA max.
Possible to output 150 mA (VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
• Input and output capacitors:
A ceramic capacitor of 1.0 μF or more can be used.
• Ripple rejection:
70 dB typ. (3.0 V output product, f = 1.0 kHz)
• Reverse current protection function:
IREV = 0.09 μA max.
• Built-in overcurrent protection circuit:
Limits overcurrent of output transistor.
• Built-in thermal shutdown circuit:
Prevents damage caused by heat.
• Built-in ON / OFF circuit:
Ensures long battery life.
• Constant current source pull-down is selectable.
• Discharge shunt function is selectable.
• Operation temperature range:
Ta = −40°C to +85°C
• Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
• Constant-voltage power supply for battery-powered device
• Constant-voltage power supply for portable equipment
• Constant-voltage power supply for home electric appliance
• Constant-voltage power supply for mobile phone
• HSNT-4 (1010)
Seiko Instruments Inc.