CHUNGHWA PICTURES TUBES, LTD.,
10. HANDLING PRECAUTIONS FOR TFT-LCD MODULE
Please pay attention to the followings in handling TFT-LCD products.
10.1 ASSEMBLY PRECAUTION
(1) Please use the mounting hole on the module side in installing and do not beading or
wrenching LCD in assembling. And please do not drop, bend or twist LCD module in
(2) Please design display housing in accordance with the following guidelines.
• Housing case must be destined carefully and do not to put stresses on LCD all
sides or wrench module. The stresses may cause non-uniformity even if there is
no non-uniformity statically.
• Keep sufficient clearance between LCD module back surface and housing when
the LCD module is mounted. Approximately 1.0 mm of the clearance in the design
is recommended taking into account the tolerance of LCD module thickness and
mounting structure height on the housing.
• When some parts, such as, FPC cable and ferrite plate, are installed underneath
the LCD module, still sufficient clearance is required, such as 0.5mm. This
clearance is, especially, to be reconsidered when the additional parts are
implemented for EMI countermeasure.
• Design the inverter location and connector position carefully so as not to put
stress on lamp cable.
• Keep sufficient clearance between LCD module and the other parts, such as
inverter and speaker so as not to interface the LCD module. Approximately
1.0mm of the clearance in the design is recommended.
(3) Please do not push or scratch LCD panel surface with any-thing hard. And do not soil
LCD panel surface by touching with bare hands. ( Polarizer film and surface of LCD
panel are easy to be flawed.)
(4) Please do not press any parts on the rear side such as source TCP, gate TCP, control
circuit board and FPC during handling the LCD module. If pressing rear part could not
be avoided, handle the LCD module with care not to damage them.
(5) Please wipe out LCD panel surface with absorbent cotton or soft clothe in case of it
(6) Please wipe out drops of adhesives like saliva and water on LCD panel surface
immediately. They might damage to cause panel surface variation and color change.
(7) Please do not take a LCD module to pieces and reconstruct it. Resolving and
reconstructing modules may cause them not to work well.
(8) Please do not touch metal frames with bare hands and soiled gloves. A color change of
the metal frames can happen during a long preservation of soiled LCD modules.
CLAA370WF02_SY-HUI YING TUNG-SPEC-20080424