Low Voltage/Low Power CMOS 16-Bit Microcontrollers
1. Outline and Features
TMP91CW11 is a high-speed 16-bit microcontroller designed for the control of various mid- to
TMP91CW11 is housed in a 100-pin flat package (P-LQFP100-1414-0.50C).
Listed below are the features.
(1) High-speed 16-bit CPU (900/L1 CPU)
• Instruction mnemonics are upward-compatible with TLCS-90/900
• 16 Mbytes of linear ADdress space
• General-purpose registers and register banks
• 16-bit multiplication and division instructions; bit transfer and arithmetic instructions
• Micro DMA: 4 channels
(640 ns/ 2 bytes at 25 MHz)
(800 ns/ 2 bytes at 20 MHz)
(1.28 ns/ 2 bytes at 12.5 MHz)
(2) Minimum instruction execution time:
• 160 ns (at 25 MHz, VCC = 5 V without external bus)
• 200 ns (at 20 MHz, VCC = 5 V)
• 320 ns (at 12.5 MHz, VCC = 3 V)
(3) Internal RAM: 4 Kbytes
ROM: 128 Kbytes
(4) External memory expansion
• Expandable up to 16 Mbytes (for both programs and data)
• Can simulatneously support 8-/16-bit width external data bus ... Dynamic data bus sizing
• For ADiscussion of how the reliability of microcontrollers can be predicted, please refer to Section 1.3 of the chapter entitled Quality
and Reliability Assurance / Handling Precautions.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general
can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer,
when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and to avoid
situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to
In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the most
recent TOSHIBA products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the “Handling Guide for
Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook” etc..
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications (computer, personal
equipment, office equipment, measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances, etc.). These TOSHIBA products are
neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that requires extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunction or
failure of which may cause loss of human life or bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”). Unintended Usage include atomic energy control
instruments, airplane or spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments, combustion control instruments,
medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc.. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in this document shall be mADe
at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trADe laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by
TOSHIBA CORPORATION for any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties which may result from its
use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property or other rights of TOSHIBA CORPORATION or
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Purchase of TOSHIBA I2C components conveys a license under the Philips I2C patent Rights to use these components
in an I2C system, provided that the system conforms to the I2C Standard Specification as defined by Philips.