CMOS 16-Bit Microcontrollers
1. OUTLINE AND FEATURES
TMP91C824F is a high-speed 16-bit microcontroller designed for the control of various mid- to large-scale
TMP91C824F comes in a 100-pin flat package and a 100-pad Dice form. JTMP91C824-S is a chip form
Listed below are the features.
(1) High-speed 16-bit CPU (900/L1 CPU)
• Instruction mnemonics are upward-compatible with TLCS-90
• 16 Mbytes of linear address space
• General-purpose registers and register banks
• 16-bit multiplication and division instructions; bit transfer and arithmetic instructions
• Micro DMA: 4 channels (0.5 µs/2 bytes at 33 MHz)
(2) Minimum instruction execution time: 121 ns (at 33 MHz)
(3) Built-in RAM: 8 Kbytes
Built-in ROM: None
(4) External memory expansion
• Expandable up to 106M bytes (shared program/data area)
• Can simultaneously support 8-/16-bit width external data bus
Dynamic data bus syzing
• Separate bus system
(5) 8-bit timers: 4 channels
(6) General-purpose serial interface: 2 channels
• UART/Synchronous mode: 2 channels
• IrDA Ver.1.0 (115.2kbps) mode selectable: 1 channel
(7) Serial bus interface: 1 channel
• I2C bus mode/clock synchronous mode selectable
• For a discussion of how the reliability of microcontrollers can be predicted, please refer to Section 1.3 of the chapter entitled Quality and
Reliability Assurance / Handling Precautions.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and the reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general can
malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer, when
utilizing TOSHIBA products, to observe standards of safety, and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of a TOSHIBA product
could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property. In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used
within specified operating ranges as set forth in the most recent products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions
set forth in the TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook.
• The products described in this document are subject to foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA
CORPORATION for any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties which may result from its use. No license is
granted by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property or other rights of TOSHIBA CORPORATION or others.
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Purchase of TOSHIBA I2C components conveys a license under the Philips I2C Patent Rights to use these components in an
I2C system, provided that the system conforms to the I2C Standard Specification as defined by Philips.