TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Dual Binary Counter
The TC74VHC393 is an advanced high speed CMOS 4-BIT
BINARY COUNTER fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
It contains two independent counter circuits in one package, so
that counting or frequency division of eight binary bits can be
achieved with one IC.
This device changes state on the negative going transition of
the CLOCK pulse. The counter can be reset to “0” (QA to QD =
“L”) by a high at the CLEAR input regardless of other inputs.
An input protection circuit ensures that 0 to 5.5 V can be
applied to the input pins without regard to the supply voltage.
This device can be used to interface 5 V to 3 V systems and two
supply systems such as battery back up. This circuit prevents
device destruction due to mismatched supply and input voltages.
• High speed: fmax = 170 MHz (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Power down protection is provided on all inputs.
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 5.5 V
• Low noise: VOLP = 0.8 V (max)
• Pin and function compatible with 74ALS393
: 0.18 g (typ.)
: 0.06 g (typ.)
: 0.02 g (typ.)