Precision Low Power 1:4 LVPECL Fanout
Buffer/Translator with Internal Termination
The SY89854U is a 2.5V/3.3V precision, high-
speed, fully differential 1:4 LVPECL fanout buffer.
Optimized to provide four identical output copies
with less than 20ps of skew and less than 10ps(pp)
total jitter, the SY89854U can process clock signals
as fast as 2GHz.
The differential input includes Micrel’s unique, patent
pending 3-pin input termination architecture that
interfaces to any differential signal (AC or DC-
coupled) as small as 100mV (200mVpp) without any
level shifting or termination resistor networks in the
signal path. For AC-coupled input interface
applications, an on-board output reference voltage
(VREF-AC) is provided to bias the center-tap (VT)
pin. The outputs are 800mV LVPECL, with fast
rise/fall times guaranteed to be less than 180ps.
The SY89854U operates from a 2.5V ±5% supply or
a 3.3V ±10% supply and is guaranteed over the full
industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C.
The SY89854U is part of Micrel’s high-speed,
Precision Edge® product line.
All support documentation can be found on Micrel’s
web site at: www.micrel.com.
200MHz (Q - /Q)
• Precision 1:4, LVPECL fanout buffer
• Low power: 137mW (2.5V typ)
• Guaranteed AC performance over temperature
and supply voltage:
– DC- to > 2GHz Clock fMAX
– <340ps tpd
– <180ps tr/tf time
– <20ps max. skew
• Ultra-low jitter design:
– <1ps(rms) random jitter
– <10ps(pp) deterministic jitter
– <10ps(pp) total jitter (clock)
• Unique patent pending input termination and VT
pin accepts DC-coupled and AC-coupled inputs
(CML, PECL, LVDS)
• Typical 800mV (100k) LVPECL output swing
• Power supply 2.5V ±5% or 3.3V ±10%
• Industrial temperature range –40°C to +85°C
• Available in ultra-small (3mm x 3mm) 16-pin
• SONET and All GigE clock distribution
• Fibre Channel clock and data distribution
• Backplane distribution
Precision Edge is a registered trademark of Micrel, Inc.
MicroLeadFrame and MLF are trademarks of Amkor Technology, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 955-1690