4.9-5.8 GHz High-Linearity Power Amplifier
• Small Package Size
• High Linear Output Power:
– 802.11a OFDM Spectrum mask compliance up
to 23 dBm
– Added EVM~2.5% up to 18 dBm, typically,
across 5.1-5.8 GHz for 54 Mbps 802.11a signal
• High Power-added Efficiency/Low Operating
Current for 54 Mbps 802.11a Applications
– ~11% @ POUT = 19 dBm for 54 Mbps
– Typically 26 dB gain across broadband
• Low Idle Current
– ~120 mA ICQ
• High Speed Power-up/-down
– Turn on/off time (10%~90%) <100 ns
• Low Shut-down Current (<1 µA)
• On-chip Power Detection
• 20 dB Dynamic Range On-chip Power Detection
• 50Ω On-chip Input Matching and Simple Output
• Packages Available
– 12-contact UQFN (2mm x 2mm x 0.6mm max
• WLAN (IEEE 802.11a/n)
• Japan WLAN
The SST11CP15 is a high-linearity power amplifier that has
low power consumption and is based on the highly-reliable
InGaP/GaAs HBT technology.
The SST11CP15 can be easily configured for high-linearity,
high-efficiency applications with superb power-added effi-
ciency while operating over the entire 802.11a frequency
band for U.S., European, and Japanese markets (4.9-5.8
The SST11CP15 has excellent linearity, typically ~2.5%
added EVM at 18 dBm output power which is essential for
54 Mbps 802.11a operation while meeting 802.11a spec-
trum mask at 23 dBm. SST11CP15 also has wide-range,
single-ended power detectors which lower users’ cost on
The power amplifier IC also features easy board-level
usage along with high-speed power-up/down control. Low
reference current (total IREF <5 mA) makes the
SST11CP15 controllable by an on/off switching signal
directly from the baseband chip. These features coupled
with low operating current make the SST11CP15 ideal for
the final stage power amplification in battery-powered
802.11a WLAN transmitter and access point applications.
The SST11CP15 is offered in 12-contact UQFN package
with 0.6 mm maximum thickness. See Figure 2 for pin
assignments and Table 1 for pin descriptions.
©2011 Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.
The SST logo and SuperFlash are registered Trademarks of Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.
These specifications are subject to change without notice.