© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2002-2015
HIGH RIPPLE-REJECTION LOW DROPOUT
CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-1165 Series is a positive voltage regulator with a low dropout voltage, high-accuracy output voltage, and
low current consumption developed based on CMOS technology.
A built-in low on-resistance transistor provides a low dropout voltage and large output current, and a built-in
overcurrent protection circuit prevents the load current from exceeding the current capacity of the output
transistor. An ON/OFF circuit ensures a long battery life, and a small SOT-23-5 package realizes high-density
• Output voltage:
• Output voltage accuracy:
• Dropout voltage:
• Current consumption:
• Output current:
• Ripple rejection:
• Built-in overcurrent protection circuit:
• Built-in ON/OFF circuit:
• Operation temperature range:
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*2
1.5 V to 5.5 V, selectable in 0.1 V step
140 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, IOUT = 200 mA)
During operation: 35 μA typ., 65 μA max.
During power-off: 0.1 μA typ., 1.0 μA max.
Possible to output 200 mA (VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
70 dB typ. (f = 1.0 kHz)
Limits overcurrent of output transistor.
Ensures long battery life.
Ta = −40°C to +85°C
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
*2. Refer to “ Product Name Structure” for details.
• Constant-voltage power supply for battery-powered device
• Constant-voltage power supply for personal communication device
• Constant-voltage power supply for home electric/electronic appliance
• Constant-voltage power supply for cellular phone
Seiko Instruments Inc.