Notes regarding these materials
1. This document is provided for reference purposes only so that Renesas custowmwerws m.DaaytsaeSlehcet ethte4aUp.pcroopmriate
Renesas products for their use. Renesas neither makes warranties or representations with respect to the
accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this document nor grants any license to any
intellectual property rights or any other rights of Renesas or any third party with respect to the information in
2. Renesas shall have no liability for damages or infringement of any intellectual property or other rights arising
out of the use of any information in this document, including, but not limited to, product data, diagrams, charts,
programs, algorithms, and application circuit examples.
3. You should not use the products or the technology described in this document for the purpose of military
applications such as the development of weapons of mass destruction or for the purpose of any other military
use. When exporting the products or technology described herein, you should follow the applicable export
control laws and regulations, and procedures required by such laws and regulations.
4. All information included in this document such as product data, diagrams, charts, programs, algorithms, and
application circuit examples, is current as of the date this document is issued. Such information, however, is
subject to change without any prior notice. Before purchasing or using any Renesas products listed in this
document, please confirm the latest product information with a Renesas sales office. Also, please pay regular
and careful attention to additional and different information to be disclosed by Renesas such as that disclosed
through our website. (http://www.renesas.com )
5. Renesas has used reasonable care in compiling the information included in this document, but Renesas
assumes no liability whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of errors or omissions in the information
included in this document.
6. When using or otherwise relying on the information in this document, you should evaluate the information in
light of the total system before deciding about the applicability of such information to the intended application.
Renesas makes no representations, warranties or guaranties regarding the suitability of its products for any
particular application and specifically disclaims any liability arising out of the application and use of the
information in this document or Renesas products.
7. With the exception of products specified by Renesas as suitable for automobile applications, Renesas
products are not designed, manufactured or tested for applications or otherwise in systems the failure or
malfunction of which may cause a direct threat to human life or create a risk of human injury or which require
especially high quality and reliability such as safety systems, or equipment or systems for transportation and
traffic, healthcare, combustion control, aerospace and aeronautics, nuclear power, or undersea communication
transmission. If you are considering the use of our products for such purposes, please contact a Renesas
sales office beforehand. Renesas shall have no liability for damages arising out of the uses set forth above.
8. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, you should not use Renesas products for the purposes listed below:
(1) artificial life support devices or systems
(2) surgical implantations
(3) healthcare intervention (e.g., excision, administration of medication, etc.)
(4) any other purposes that pose a direct threat to human life
Renesas shall have no liability for damages arising out of the uses set forth in the above and purchasers who
elect to use Renesas products in any of the foregoing applications shall indemnify and hold harmless Renesas
Technology Corp., its affiliated companies and their officers, directors, and employees against any and all
damages arising out of such applications.
9. You should use the products described herein within the range specified by Renesas, especially with respect
to the maximum rating, operating supply voltage range, movement power voltage range, heat radiation
characteristics, installation and other product characteristics. Renesas shall have no liability for malfunctions or
damages arising out of the use of Renesas products beyond such specified ranges.
10. Although Renesas endeavors to improve the quality and reliability of its products, IC products have specific
characteristics such as the occurrence of failure at a certain rate and malfunctions under certain use
conditions. Please be sure to implement safety measures to guard against the possibility of physical injury, and
injury or damage caused by fire in the event of the failure of a Renesas product, such as safety design for
hardware and software including but not limited to redundancy, fire control and malfunction prevention,
appropriate treatment for aging degradation or any other applicable measures. Among others, since the
evaluation of microcomputer software alone is very difficult, please evaluate the safety of the final products or
system manufactured by you.
11. In case Renesas products listed in this document are detached from the products to which the Renesas
products are attached or affixed, the risk of accident such as swallowing by infants and small children is very
high. You should implement safety measures so that Renesas products may not be easily detached from your
products. Renesas shall have no liability for damages arising out of such detachment.
12. This document may not be reproduced or duplicated, in any form, in whole or in part, without prior written
approval from Renesas.
13. Please contact a Renesas sales office if you have any questions regarding the information contained in this
document, Renesas semiconductor products, or if you have any other inquiries.
Rev. 2.00 Mar. 15, 2007 Page iii of l