Single Supply VIN, Low VIN, Low VOUT,
The MIC69151/153 is the 1.5A output current member of
the MIC69xxx family of high current, low voltage
regulators, which support currents of 1A, 1.5A, 3A, and 5A.
The MIC69151/153 operates from a single low voltage
supply, yet offers high precision and ultra-low dropout of
500mV under worst case conditions.
The MIC69151/153 operates from an input voltage of
1.65V to 5.5V. It is designed to drive digital circuits
requiring low voltage at high currents (i.e. PLDs, DSP,
microcontroller, etc.). These regulators are available in
adjustable and fixed output voltages including 1.8V. The
adjustable version can support output voltages down to
The µCap design of the MIC69151/153 is optimized for
stability with low value low-ESR ceramic output capacitors.
Features of the MIC69151/153 include thermal shutdown
and current limit protection. Logic enable and error flag
pins are also available.
The MIC69151/153 is offered in a tiny 10-pin 3mm x 3mm
MLF® package and an EPAD SOIC-8 package. Both
packages have an operating temperature range of
–40°C to +125°C.
Data sheets and support documentation can be found on
Micrel’s web site at: www.micrel.com.
• Single input voltage range: VIN: 1.65V to 5.5V
• Maximum dropout (VIN – VOUT) of 500mV
• Adjustable output voltage down to 0.5V
• Stable with 10µF ceramic output capacitor
• Excellent line and load regulation specifications
• Logic controlled shutdown
• Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
• 10-Pin 3mm x 3mm MLF® package
• EPAD SOIC-8 package
• Available –40°C to +125°C junction temperature
• Point-of-load applications
• Industrial power
• Sensitive RF applications
www.DataSheet4UFi.xcoemd 1.8V Regulator w/Flag Error
Super ßeta PNP is a registered trademark of Micrel, Inc.
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com