1.5A, Low Voltage, Adjustable, High-
Bandwidth LDO Regulator with Dual Input
The MIC47150 is a high-bandwidth, low-dropout, 1.5A volt-
age regulator ideal for powering core voltages of low-
power microprocessors. The MIC47150 implements a dual
supply conﬁguration allowing for very low output
impedance and very fast transient response.
The MIC47150 requires a bias input supply between 3V
and 6.5V for proper operation. The main input supply rail
operates from 1.4V to 6.5V that allows for adjustable
output voltages down to 0.9V.
The MIC47150 requires a minimum of 1µF output
capacitance for stability, and optimal operation is achieved
with small ceramic capacitors.
The MIC47150 is available in a 5-pin power D-Pak
package (TO-252) with an operating temperature range of
–40°C to +125°C.
Datasheets and support documentation can be found on
Micrel’s web site at www.micrel.com.
• Input Voltage Range:
– VIN: 1.4V to 6.5V
– VBIAS: 3.0V to 6.5V
• Stable with 1µF ceramic capacitor
• ±1% initial tolerance
• Maximum dropout voltage (VIN–VOUT) of 500mV
• Adjustable output voltage down to 0.9V
• Ultra fast transient response (Up to 10MHz bandwidth)
• Excellent line and load regulation specifications
• Power D-Pak package (TO-252)
• Thermal shutdown and current-limit protection
• Junction temperature range: –40°C to +125°C
• Graphics processors
• PC add-in cards
• Microprocessor core voltage supply
• Low voltage digital ICs
• High efficiency linear power supplies
• SMPS post regulators
Figure 1. Typical Application Circuit
*See Thermal Design Section
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com