36V, 7A Hyper Speed Control™
Synchronous DC-DC Buck Regulator
The Micrel MIC27600 is a constant-frequency, synchronous
buck regulator featuring a unique digitally modified adaptive
on-time control architecture. The MIC27600 operates over an
input supply range of 4.5V to 36V and provides a regulated
output of up to 7A of output current. The output voltage is
adjustable down to 0.8V with a guaranteed accuracy of ±1%,
and the device operates at a switching frequency of 300kHz.
Micrel’s Hyper Speed Control™ architecture allows for ultra-
fast transient response while reducing the output capacitance
and also makes (High VIN)/(Low VOUT) operation possible.
This digitally modified adaptive tON ripple control architecture
combines the advantages of fixed-frequency operation and
fast transient response in a single device.
The MIC27600 offers a full suite of protection features to
ensure protection of the IC during fault conditions. These
include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation
under power-sag conditions, internal soft-start to reduce
inrush current, foldback current limit, “hiccup” mode short-
circuit protection and thermal shutdown.
All support documentation can be found on Micrel’s web
site at: www.micrel.com.
• Hyper Speed Control™ architecture enables
- High Delta V operation (VIN = 36V and VOUT = 0.8V)
- Small output capacitance
• 4.5V to 36V voltage input
• Adjustable output from 0.8V to 5.5V (VHSD ≤ 28V)
• Adjustable output from 0.8V to 3.6V (VHSD ≤ 36V)
• ±1% FB accuracy
• Any Capacitor™ Stable - Zero-ESR to high-ESR
• 7A output current capability, up to 95% efficiency
• 300kHz switching frequency
• Internal compensation, 6ms Internal soft-start
• Foldback current-limit and “hiccup” mode short-circuit
• Thermal shutdown
• Supports safe startup into a pre-biased load
• –40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
• 28-pin 5mm × 6mm MLF® package
• Distributed power systems
• Communications/networking infrastructure
• Set-top box, gateways and routers
• Printers, scanners, graphic cards and video cards
Efficiency (VIN = 28V)
vs. Output Current
OUTPUT CURRENT (A)
Hyper Speed Control, SuperSwitcher II and Any Capacitor are trademarks of Micrel, Inc.
MLF and MicroLeadFrame are registered trademarks of Amkor Technology, Inc.
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com