The MC2204 is specifically designed for LED and LED DISPLAY driver.
The MC2204 has max 13 segment output lines, max 7 grid output lines, one display memory,
control circuit, 4 line serial data interface, and max 10 x 2 matrix key scan .
The more detail spec is listed below as Table 1.1.
Those functions are all incorporated into a single chip to build a highly reliable peripheral device
for a single chip microcomputer.
It is very convenient to control for numeric display.
MC2204’s pin assignments and application circuit are optimized for easy PCB Layout
and cost saving advantages.
• CMOS Technology
• Segment output line selection by command : 10 ~ 13
• Grid output line selection by command : 4~7
• Operation voltage : 2.7V ~ 5.5V
• Low Power Consumption
• 8-Step Dimming control by command
• Serial Interface for Clock, Data Input, Strobe Pins, Data output
• 28-pin SOP Package
• Segment LED display : VCR, DVD, MWO
10 X 2 Matrix
January 07, 2010 Ver 1.20