Overcurrent Protection Device
REV LETTER: B
REV DATE: APRIAL 12, 2012
PAGE NO.: 2 OF 2
Warning: Application Limitations for the LVB Product Line
1. Users should independently evaluate the suitability of and test each product selected for their
2. This product should not be used in an application where the maximum interrupt voltage or
maximum interrupt current can be exceeded in a fault condition. Operation beyond the
maximum ratings or improper use may result in device damage and possible electrical arcing
3. A PPTC device is not a fuse - it is a nonlinear thermistor that limits current. Under a fault
condition all PPTC devices go into a high resistance state but do not open circuit, so hazardous
voltage may be present at PPTC locations.
4. The devices are intended for protection against occasional overcurrent or overtemperature fault
conditions and should not be used when repeated fault conditions or prolonged trip events are
5. In most applications, power must be removed and the fault condition cleared in order to reset a
PPTC device; however, under certain unusual conditions, a PPTC device may automatically
reset. PPTC devices should not be used in an application where an automatic reset could
create a safety hazard, such as garbage disposals and blenders. Appropriate qualification
testing should be performed.
6. It is the responsibility of the user to determine the need for back up or fail safe protection to
prevent damage that may occur in the event of abnormal function or failure of the PTC device.
7. Operation in circuits with a large inductance can generate a circuit voltage (Ldi/dt) above the
rated voltage of a PPTC device. This product should not be used in an application where the
maximum interrupt voltage or maximum interrupt current can be exceeded by inductive spikes.
8. Devices are not recommended for reflow soldering.
9. Device performance can be impacted negatively if devices are handled in a manner
inconsistent with recommended electronic, thermal, or mechanical procedures for electronic
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/