Ordering number : EN *5846
Motion JPEG Decoder
The LC82221L is a full-color digital image data expansion
IC that accepts data in formats that essentially conform to
the JPEG standard. With the provision of frame memory,
this IC can input and output image data in standard video
formats. In addition, it also supports a wide range of
image display functions using that frame memory. As
compared to earlier JPEG ICs, this IC features simplified
JPEG functionality and a greater emphasis on display
functions. Thus it supports the creation of excellent cost-
performance ratio systems for applications that require a
• High image quality image expansion using the JPEG
• Superlative cost performance achieved by only
providing decoding functions.
• Two built-in quantization tables.
• High-speed processing achieved by using fixed Huffman
tables. Application do not have to set up these tables.
• Two Huffman tables, one for luminance data and one for
chrominance data, are provided.
• Supports scaling factor parameters that allow the
quantization factor to be changed.
• DRAM for code data buffering and image data playback
can be connected directly.
• Applications can use either 2Mb or 4Mb DRAMs based
on the sizes of the image handled and the structure of the
system. However, 16-bit data path DRAMs must be
• Image data is output in synchronization with an image
display synchronizing signal.
• Color structure of the code data is Y:U:V=4:1:1.
• Dedicated code data input bus provided to avoid loading
the host bus. DMA transfers are also supported.
• Users can select either RGB or YUV for image data
• Built-in YUV to RGB color conversion circuit
• The LC82221L supports image sizes up to 1024 pixels
in the horizontal direction. The range of vertical sizes
handled can be set up arbitrarily, since it is limited by
the size of the DRAM provided.
• 3.3-V single-voltage power supply. Low power.
• The display position and display size can be set.
• SOI and EOI marker support
• Horizontal and vertical scrolling display functions
• Support for overwrite display, in which the next data for
expansion is displayed by overwriting the previously
expanded image data
SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd. Semiconductor Bussiness Headquarters
TOKYO OFFICE Tokyo Bldg., 1-10, 1 Chome, Ueno, Taito-ku, TOKYO, 110-8534 JAPAN
62698RM (OT) No. 5846-1/7