JMB320 Port Multiplier Chip
JMicron JMB320 is a single chip. It integrated three independent SATA channels and a micro-processor.
With proper setting, the chip can be configured as an 1 to 2-ports Serial ATA II Port Multiplier or a 2 to
1-port Serial ATA II Port Selector.
JMB320 contains 15 GPIOs which can be configured as various standard interfaces. It also has the
capability to load external firmware code to extend its functionality.
• Compliant with Serial ATA II Port Multiplier Spec.
• Compliant with Serial ATA II Port Selector Spec.
• Compliant with Serial ATA II PHY Electrical Spec.
• Compliant with Serial ATA High Speed Serialized
AT Attachment Spec. Revision 2.5
• Integrated 3-port SATA II PHY
• Integrated PLL for SATA II interface
• Total three independent SATA channel
• Integrated uP, PROM and SRAM for firmware
• Fabricated in 0.13um CMOS Standard Logic
• 1.3V core and 3.3V I/O power supply
• Available in 48-pin QFN package
• Supports 3-port 3.0Gbps SATA II interface
• Supports SATA II Gen2i and Gen2m (External
SATA Connection, eSATA)
• Output swing control and automatic impedance
calibration for SATA II PHY
• Supports asynchronous signal recovery
• Supports spread spectrum clocking
• Supports partial / slumber power saving mode
• Automatically speed negotiation for 3 Gbps or
• Supports BIST and loopback mode
• Supports staggered spin-up
• Supports ATAPI drives
• Supports Native Command Queue (NCQ)
• Supports Hot-Plug
• Supports Asynchronous Notification
• Supports PM aware and non-PM aware host
• Supports 15 GPIOs
• Supports I2C interface
• Supports ISA interface
• Supports SPI interface
• Supports firmware extension
Copyright © 2009 JMicron Inc. All rights reserved.
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/