18Mb Σ1x1Dp CMOS I/O
Double Late Write SigmaRAM™
250 MHz–350 MHz
1.8 V VDD
1.8 V I/O
• Double Late Write mode, Pipelined Read mode
• JEDEC-standard SigmaRAM™ pinout and package
• 1.8 V +150/–100 mV core power supply
• 1.8 V CMOS Interface
• ZQ controlled user-selectable output drive strength
• Dual Cycle Deselect
• Burst Read and Write option
• Fully coherent read and write pipelines
• Echo Clock outputs track data output drivers
• Byte write operation (9-bit bytes)
• 2 user-programmable chip enable inputs
• IEEE 1149.1 JTAG-compliant Serial Boundary Scan
• 209-bump, 14 mm x 22 mm, 1 mm bump pitch BGA package
• Pin-compatible with future 36Mb, 72Mb, and 144Mb
• Pb-Free 209-bump BGA package available
SigmaRAM Family Overview
GS8170DW36/72A SigmaRAMs are built in compliance with
the SigmaRAM pinout standard for synchronous SRAMs.
They are 18,874,368-bit (18Mb) SRAMs. This family of wide,
very low voltage CMOS I/O SRAMs is designed to operate at
the speeds needed to implement economical high performance
ΣRAMs are offered in a number of configurations including
Late Write, Double Late Write, and Double Data Rate (DDR).
The logical differences between the protocols employed by
these RAMs mainly involve various approaches to write
cueing and data transfer rates. The ΣRAM™ family standard
allows a user to implement the interface protocol best suited to
the task at hand.
209-Bump, 14 mm x 22 mm BGA
1 mm Bump Pitch, 11 x 19 Bump Array
Because SigmaRAMs are synchronous devices, address data
inputs and read/write control inputs are captured on the rising
edge of the input clock. Write cycles are internally self-timed
and initiated by the rising edge of the clock input. This feature
eliminates complex off-chip write pulse generation required by
asynchronous SRAMs and simplifies input signal timing.
ΣRAMs support pipelined reads utilizing a rising-edge-
triggered output register. They also utilize a Dual Cycle
Deselect (DCD) output deselect protocol.
ΣRAMs are implemented with high performance CMOS
technology and are packaged in a 209-bump BGA.
Key Fast Bin Specs
Rev: 1.04 4/2005
Specifications cited are subject to change without notice. For latest documentation see http://www.gsitechnology.com.
© 2003, GSI Technology
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/