Pre-configured DSP System
for Hearing Aids
The Foundation GA3216 hybrid is a trimmer−configurable DSP
system based on a two−channel compression circuit. It can efficiently
replace traditional hearing−aid compression circuits without
compromising fundamental performance requirements.
A trimmer interface supports manual circuit configuration. It
continuously monitors trimmer positions and translates them into the
hearing−aid parameters of choice. A serial data interface provides full
programmability at the factory and in the field.
The Foundation GA3216 includes in−channel squelch to attenuate
microphone and circuit noise in quiet environments. It also includes
low−distortion compression limiting and programmable high and low
cut filters, as well as five configurable equalization filters. Unused
blocks can be powered down to save battery current, for example,
when using the device in single−channel mode.
The Foundation GA3216 Hybrid code programmed into the
GC5020 controller chip is ‘1’.
• Efficient, High Fidelity 1 or 2−Channel WDRC Signal Processing
• Fully Programmable via Serial Data Interface
• High−Fidelity Audio Quality
• Four Trimmer Inputs plus Volume Control
• Flexible Trimmer/Parameter Assignments
• Optional Two−Terminal or Three−Terminal Trimmers
• Choice of Wideband or Independent 2−Channel Level Detection
• Choice of Two Strategies for AGC−I Parametric Adjustment
• 6, 12 or 24 dB/Octave Band Split Filter or Configurable as
• In−Channel, Low Level Squelch Control (1:2 Expansion)
• Output Compression Limiting (AGC−O)
• Flexible Pre− and Post−Emphasis Filters
• Four Independent Memories
• Pulse−Density−Modulated Output Stage Drives Zero−Bias
• High-Power Drive Capability
• Unused Blocks can be Powered Down
• thinSTAX® Packaging
• Also Available as E1 RoHS Compliant Hybrid
• Hybrid Typical Dimensions:
0.190 x 0.123 x 0.060 in.
(4.82 x 3.12 x 1.52 mm)
15 16 17
= Specific Device Code
= RoHS Compliant Hybrid
= Work Order Number
See detailed ordering and shipping information on page 14 of
this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2015
August, 2015 − Rev. 12
Publication Order Number: