1 and 2 Channel PicoGuardTM AC Signal ESD Protector
• Single channel ESD protection for an AC signal up
to ±5V for 0.25W transmit power
• Connects two channels in series for signals up to
+10V (1W transmit power)
• ±8kV ESD protection per IEC 61000-4-2 contact
• Sub-1pF loading capacitance
• Minimal variation with voltage and temperature
• Each I/O pin can withstand over 1000 ESD strikes*
• SOT23-3 and MSOP-8 lead-free packages
• RF switch and amplifier protection
• RF modules and RF IC protection
• Wireless handsets and WLAN
• High-speed AC signals for Gbit Ethernet, etc.
The CM1214A PicoGuard™ ESD protector is used to
protect bipolar signal lines against electrostatic
discharge (ESD). The CM1214A allows operation in
high-speed environments with signals levels up to ±5V.
The CM1214A comes in two versions:
• The CM1214A-01SO is a single channel ESD
protector and is available in a 3-lead SOT23-3
• The CM1214A-02MR is a dual channel ESD
protector and is available in an 8-lead MSOP-8
The low sub-1pF loading capacitance makes the
CM1214A-01SO ideal for protecting high-speed
interfaces including RF switches and amplifiers.
The CM1214A-02MR is ideal for dual high-speed
signal pairs used in Gigabit Ethernet, ADSL, etc. The
CM1214A-02MR can also be used for higher transmit
voltage applications by connecting the two channels in
Both devices come in lead-free finishing.
*Standard test condition is IEC61000-4-2 level 4 test circuit with each pin subjected to ±8kV contact discharge for 1000 pulses. Discharges are timed at 1 second intervals and all 1000 strikes are completed in one continuous test
run. The part is then subjected to standard production test to verify that all of the tested parameters are within spec after the 1000 strikes.
© 2007 California Micro Devices Corp. All rights reserved.
490 N. McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035-5112 ● Tel: 408.263.3214 ● Fax: 408.263.7846 ● www.cmd.com
Issue A – 10/29/07