3A, Ultra Low Dropout (0.23V Typical) Linear Regulator
• Compatible with APL5913
The APL5930 is a 3A ultra low dropout linear regulator.
• Ultra Low Dropout
The IC needs two supply voltages, one is a control voltage
- 0.23V(typical) at 3A Output Current
• Low ESR Output Capacitor (Multi-layer
Chip Capacitors (MLCC)) Applicable
• 0.8V Reference Voltage
• High Output Accuracy
(V ) for the control circuitry, the other is a main supply
voltage (VIN) for power conversion, to reduce power dissi-
pation and provide extremely low dropout voltage.
The APL5930 integrates many functions. A Power-On-
Reset (POR) circuit monitors both supply voltages on
VCNTL and VIN pins to prevent erroneous operations.
- ±1.5% over Line, Load, and Temperature Range The functions of thermal shutdown and current-limit pro-
• Fast Transient Response
tect the device against thermal and current over-loads. A
• Adjustable Output Voltage
POK indicates the output voltage status with a delay time
• Power-On-Reset Monitoring on Both VCNTL and set internally. It can control other converter for power
sequence. The APL5930 can be enabled by other power
• Internal Soft-Start
systems. Pulling and holding the EN voltage below 0.4V
• Current-Limit and Short Current-Limit Protections shuts off the output.
The APL5930 is available in a SOP-8P package which
• Thermal Shutdown with Hysteresis
features small size as SOP-8 and an Exposed Pad to
• Open-Drain VOUT Voltage Indicator (POK)
reduce the junction-to-case resistance to extend power
• Low Shutdown Quiescent Current (<30 µA)
range of applications.
• Shutdown/Enable Control Function
• Simple SOP-8P Package with Exposed Pad
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available
• Front Side Bus VTT (1.2V/3A)
• Note Book PC Applications
• Motherboard Applications
Simplified Application Circuit
SOP-8P (Top View)
= Exposed Pad
(connected to VIN plane for better heat dissipation)
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.4 - Sep., 2009