3.3GHz – 3.9GHz
2 Watt High Linearity Amplifier
Avago Technologies’ ALM-32320 is a high linearity 2 Watt
PA with good OIP3 performance and exceptionally good
PAE at 1dB gain compression point, achieved through the
use of Avago Technologies’ proprietary 0.25um GaAs En-
hancement-mode pHEMT process.
All matching components are fully integrated within the
module. This makes the ALM-32320 extremely easy to use.
The adjustable temperature-compensated internal bias
circuit allows the device to be operated at either class A
or class AB operation. The ALM-32320 is housed inside a
miniature 7.0 x 10.0 x 1.1 mm3 20-lead multiple-chips-on-
board (MCOB) module package.
7.0 x 10.0 x 1.1mm3 20-Lead MCOB Package
RF OUT 14
4 RF IN
Vdd2 Not Used
Package marking provides orientation and identification
“32320” = Device Part Number
“WWYY” = Work week and year of manufacture
“XXXX” = Last 4 digit of lot number
• Fully matched, input and output
• High linearity and P1dB
• Unconditionally stable across load condition
• Built-in adjustable temperature compensated internal
• GaAs E-pHEMT Technology
• 5V supply
• Excellent uniformity in product specifications
• Tape-and-Reel packaging option available
• MSL-3 and Lead-free
• High MTTF for base station application
3.5GHz; 5V, 810mA (typical)
• 12.6 dB Gain
• 51.0 dBm Output IP3
• 34.5 dBm Output Power at 1dB Gain Compression
• 46.6% PAE at P1dB
• 2.5dB Noise Figure
• Class A driver amplifier for WiMAX base stations.
• General purpose gain block.
1. Enhancement mode technology employs positive gate voltage,
thereby eliminating the need of negative gate voltage associated
with conventional depletion mode devices.
2. Good RF practice requires all unused pins to be earthed.
Attention: Observe precautions for
handling electrostatic sensitive devices.
ESD Machine Model = 80 V
ESD Human Body Model = 800 V
Refer to Avago Application Note A004R:
Electrostatic Discharge, Damage and Control.