Advanced AS-Interface IC
• AS-i Complete Specification V2.11 compliant
• Integrated EEPROM
• Additional addressing channel using an opto-
• Extended address mode operation as
programmable option (up to 62 slaves)
• High impedance AS-i line input, additional pins
for further impedance optimizations
• DC voltage output, approximately 24 volts, not
• 5 volt DC voltage output, stabilized, CMOS
logic can be supplied directly (e.g. µC)
• LED status indicator output (compliant with the
standard indication recommendation)
• Integrated watchdog
• Temperature range -25°C to + 105°C
A²SI-E is a monolithic CMOS integrated circuit
certified for AS-i (Actuator Sensor-interface)
networks. AS-i networks are intended for industrial
The main advantage of AS-i solutions is that
actuators and sensors are connected using a two-
wire unshielded cable that is easy to install. This
cable transports both power and information/data.
AS-i network communication is based on the
master-slave principle. The network can be
extended (to cable lengths greater than 100m) by
using the A²SI-E in the repeater mode configuration.
Furthermore, the A²SI-E is used as slave interface
to sensors / actuators and as master interface.
AS-i is a standard for the automation industry based
on IEC 62026-2 and EN 50295.
The device is available in a 28-pin SOP (300 mils)
0V GND IRD
Copyright © 2002, ZMD AG Data Sheet, Rev. 1.2, October 21, 2002 Printed in Germany,
All rights reserved. The material contained herein may not be reproduced, adapted, merged, translated, stored, or used without the prior written consent of the copyright owner. The
Information furnished in this publication is preliminary and subject to changes without notice.